If you’re a horse rider, then you know it’s important to have the right clothing for the job. Horse riding pants are a must-have for anyone who wants to stay safe and comfortable while riding. There are many different types of pants available on the market, so it can be difficult to decide which ones are right for you.
In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of horse riding pants available, how to choose the right pair for your needs, and where to buy horse riding pants online. We’ll also provide some tips on taking care of your new pants and staying safe while horse riding.
The different types of horse riding pants available on the market
- Jods are a type of horse riding pants that are designed for show jumping and dressage. They are usually made of a stretchy material and have a close fit to the rider’s leg.
- Breeches are designed for English riding disciplines such as show jumping, dressage, and eventing. They’re typically made with thicker materials and have a looser fit than jods.
- Chaps are intended for western riding disciplines such as barrel racing and roping. These pants are usually made of a leather or suede material and cover the rider’s legs from the waist to the ankle.
The importance of choosing the right type of pants for your needs
To make the right choice, you’ll need to consider the following:
- The type of riding you’ll be doing. If you’re going to be doing a lot of jumping, for example, you’ll want a pair of pants that are reinforced in the seat and have extra padding in the knees.
- The climate you’ll be riding in. If you live in a warm climate, you’ll want to make sure to choose a pair of pants that are made from a breathable fabric. If you live in a cold climate, on the other hand, you’ll want to make sure to choose a pair of pants that will keep you warm.
- Your budget: Horse riding pants can range in price from around $50 to over $200. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t end up spending more than you can afford.
H2: How to take care of your horse riding pants once you’ve bought them
Horse riding pants are an important investment, so you’ll want to take care of them to ensure they last. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- Always hang up your horse riding pants after use – this will help them keep their shape and prevent creases.
- If your pants get wet, make sure to dry them off as soon as possible – damp horse riding pants can lead to chafing.
- When you’re not using your pants, store them in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- If your horse riding pants start to show signs of wear and tear, take them to a professional for repair or replacement. With proper care, your horse riding pants should last you for years to come.
Where to shop for horse riding pants online
There is a whole host of quality retailers that sell horse riding gear for every riding style and taste preference. Be sure to do your research and read reviews while shopping online, and you’ll easily be able to find the perfect pair of pants for you.